Członkostwo w SIOPE
SIOPE MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
The European Society for Paediatric Oncology
Avenue E. Mounier 83
1200 Brussels, Belgium
29th May 2018
Dear PTOHD members,
First of all, thank you very much for your valuable contribution to our Society. We are glad to share with you what we have been able to achieve in the past year, and to forward you some practical informatiopn on how you can renew your membership to SIOPE in the year 2018.
SIOPE’S ACTIVITIES IN 2017
It is thanks to the essential support of our members if SIOPE has been able to grow and accomplish so many goals in the past years. SIOPE members are at the heart of what we do, as the mission of our society consists in addressing the challenges faced by European paediatric oncology professionals on a daily basis.
We are very pleased to inform you that many paediatric oncology professionals joined our Society in 2017, and today we can welcome in our community more than 1,735 SIOPE MEMBERS REPRESENTING 35 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.
You may recall that THE SIOPE STRATEGIC PLAN  was officially launched at the end of 2015. Since then, SIOPE has taken the lead in coordinating the implementation of the Strategic Plan. The SIOPE Board defined the leaders responsible for the various objectives, strengthened partnerships with all stakeholders, and initiated several cross-tumour platforms and projects to address the critical variables that could facilitate the Plan’s implementation. There is significant progress in the Plan’s implementation and in carrying out several initiatives. The detailed achievements for the year 2016 are available on the SIOPE website. 
In addition to THE STRATEGIC PLAN, we have made considerable progress in a number of our projects:
- Joint Action on Rare Cancers (JARC)  – a 3-year initiative launched in October 2016 that aims to formulate policy recommendations on rare cancers that can be implemented by Member States and in relevant EU initiatives,
- Quality and Excellence in Radiotherapy and Imaging for Children and Adolescents with Cancer across Europe in Clinical Trials (QUARTET)  – this project is aiming to increase the cure rate of children and adolescents treated for cancer and to ensure minimal treatment-related side effects, which could potentially affect survivors’ quality of life,
- European Reference Networks on Paediatric Cancer (ERN PaedCan)  – this kick-off in 2017 project will reduce inequalities in childhood cancer survival by providing high-quality, accessible and cost-effective cross-border healthcare to European children and adolescents with cancer, regardless to where they live,
- the Survivorship Passport  – a tool to provide all European childhood cancer survivors with optimal long-term care,
- and the ACCELERATE platform  – a unique platform with the goal to provide a transparent forum for patients and parents organisations, academic paediatric oncologists and haematologists, pharmaceutical companies and EU regulatory network representatives to discuss, explain and seek ways to address specific overarching issues to improve the outcome of children and adolescents with cancer through the development of innovative anticancer medicines in a timely fashion.
We are also excited to share that SIOPE is organising A PAEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY ANNUAL MEETING. The first edition of SIOP Europe Annual Meeting will be held on 20-25 May 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic . This multinational and multidisciplinary meeting is a distinct opportunity for professionals from various fields to share their knowledge and collaborate on cutting-edge research in paediatric haemato-oncology. It builds on the extensive experience accumulated in all types of disease entities by various tumour research groups within Europe. SIOPE aims to establish a platform that will improve cross-entity interaction and enhance the impact of modern insights in biology, pharmacology and genetics. By introducing a pioneering type of mentoring and training for young doctors and fellows in the field, sustainable career resources will be built up.
Further detailed information about this Annual Meeting is available on the official event website http://siopeurope.eu [
BY JOINING SIOPE , YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM A SPECIAL REDUCED FEE – ONLY
FOR SIOPE MEMBERS.
SIOPE MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018
By joining SIOPE , you can take part in this common endeavour with your innovative ideas, projects and initiatives. Being the reference point for everything related to paediatric oncology in Europe, SIOPE was established to make your work easier: all SIOPE members can attend to the SIOP Europe Annual meeting  and other scientific congresses at a reduced rate, take part in European collaborations, attend the many interesting SIOPE events  and initiatives , and receive our regular updates through several communication channels (website , quarterly Newsletter , YouTube channel , Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook  and ‘E-Blasts’).
In order to renew your Society’s membership to SIOPE, we kindly would like to ask you to follow these three easy steps:
- Contact your members and send them:
- The attached ‘membership benefits document’
- The attached membership form _only for NEW SIOPE members in 2018_
- Send us:
- the UPDATED list of your Society’s members joining SIOPE (please kindly provide us with the CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESSES as we are using them for all our communications)
- the new membership forms
- We will send you a request for payment (for payment instructions, please find attached the payment guidelines).
We would like to kindly request you to receive all membership forms and contact details of all your members who decided to join SIOPE BY 30TH JUNE 2018 (specific exceptions to be addressed with the SIOPE Office firstname.lastname@example.org).
For future membership renewals, we will only need a membership form from new SIOPE members and we will NOT_ _NEED ANY FORM from old SIOPE members that agree to renew their membership.
In attachment, please find:
* SIOPE Membership Benefits 2018
* Template SIOPE Forms Received
* SIOPE Membership Form 2018
* Payment Guidelines SIOPE Membership 2018
* SIOPE Membership 2017 Overview
Should you need more information in regards to the SIOPE membership renewal, please do not hesitate to contact the SIOPE Administrative Assistant Ms Elena Botanina (email@example.com).
Wishing for 2018 to bring even better improvements for young people with cancer, we would like to thank you very much for supporting SIOPE.